Saturday, May 31, 2008

KIN 710 on del.icio.us

There is a lot to like with this site. Just having a website of favorite bookmarks is nice since bookmarking on every computer I use gets old. Taking the next step of creating categories using tags produces an amazing tool for organizing sites. Teachers will be able to go from topic to topic and be able to find sites for that subject immediately. I get tired of scrolling my long list of favorites. You can create categories as broad or as narrow as is useful. Students can add sites that they are using to create a resourse of sites that a whole class can use in research and discussion for more information. In planning my curriculum, I can use del.icio.us as a way of finding specific sites quickly for a particular activity. For instance, there are many websites of teachers who have written about specific games, or certain lesson plans, or some other specific pieces of information. These would be easily found when researched under the specific tag of interest. This site has lots of potential for me to grow into.

No comments: